Saturday, December 5, 2009

Kenneth Pattengale


I have a dear friend, his name is Brendan, and he comes from a miracle family from Pasadena. I watched a 43 minute segment of Brendan's brother, Kenneth, on KCRW online with Chris Douridas live this morning. The kid is madd talented and I can't wait until he makes it up to the Bay. If you like music with straight soul and a bit a somber warmth, you'll like Kenneth Pattengale. The kid started recording when he was 19 while at USC and has just put out his 7th record, Speak, this week. Put this on for some background, click on the "watch" button and let me know what you think. I really dig the shitty online video. Or you can check out his site here. So nice to hear something original. For all you LA kids,  he's playing at Hotel Cafe on the 10th which is an epic venue. Ally status.I think you might even walk with a CD if you show. Have fun and happy listening.