Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Jack Halloway's home + The Garage Sale Project

As I’ve mentioned before, I heart cubby spots, but I’ve also found that they don’t stay that way for long in SF.


I came across the Garage Sale Project (G$P) almost a year ago, and this has been one that has kept its charm. I was on a bit of a walkabout last winter and ended up tripping up with a few friends from LA and having a slumber party at this kid AUGUSTUS THOMPSON’s house. He was having a show at Mr. Holloway’s garage the following week and there was nothing but good vibes coming out of this place.


I’d happen to know Mr. Halloway for a few years through the world of photo and this man shares the same views of actually just doing what you want, how you want. It makes for a mash of a lifestyle, but Jack holds true to a genuine, well thought, and simple approach to all he does. It's a breath of fresh air.


I dropped by for the last opening of Richard Kenvin and the The Yard Possum’s show of Hydrodynamic Detritus. Jazzy. There is an aesthetic and vibe that has been apparent, blatantly in the Outer Sunset in the past decade, spawned off The Beautiful Losers / Mission School crew, but has seeped into the rest of the city. Halloway’s spot brings a bit of that to it's originating neighborhood, yet still explores the evolution of the lifestyle. Here are a few snaps for visual effects.


Enjoy.